Mailchimp is a popular online service that allows you to distribute automated email campaigns. The integration between Mailchimp for WordPress (MC4WP) plugin and WPML allows you to translate sign-up forms and related messages.
On This Page
- Getting Started
- Translating Your Newsletter Sign-Up Forms
- Known Issues with MC4WP
- Getting Help From Our Support
Start by installing and activating the following plugins:
- WPML core plugin and WPML String Translation add-on
- Mailchimp for WordPress plugin
- Mailchimp for WordPress Multilingual
If you’re new to WPML, check out our Getting Started Guide. It quickly walks you through different translation options you can use.
Translating Your Newsletter Sign-Up Forms
If you use Translate Everything mode, your newsletter sign-up forms will be automatically translated with the rest of your content.
If you use Translate Some mode, you can send your sign-up forms for translation using the Translation Management Dashboard.
- Go to the WPML → Translation Management page and use the filter controls at the top to select Sign-up Form from the first dropdown menu. Then, click the Filter button, which will display a list of available sign-up forms.
- Select the forms you want to translate.
- In the Translation options section, select the Translate option for each language.
- Click on the Translate selected content button. If you use other translators or a translation service on your site, this button will instead allow you to add the form to the Translation Basket, then send the translation job to your translators.
Known IssuesThere are no unresolved compatibility issues between this plugin and WPML. Search all known issues.
Getting Help From Our Support
If you need help translating your Mailchimp for WordPress sign-up forms, visit WPML’s support forum.