Hi, before buying wpml I would need to understand the following: – with multilingual woocommerce and Wpml is it possible to change company data for each language? – with wpml we are able to have different home pages and pages for each language? – with wpml and multilingual woocommerce we are able to distinguish the origin of the orders? – In wpml, in the media translation section, is there the possibility to replace a video instead of a photo? Thanks Reply
before buying wpml I would need to understand the following:
– with multilingual woocommerce and Wpml is it possible to change company data for each language?
– with wpml we are able to have different home pages and pages for each language?
– with wpml and multilingual woocommerce we are able to distinguish the origin of the orders?
– In wpml, in the media translation section, is there the possibility to replace a video instead of a photo?
Please, let me try to answer your questions in order:
– If your company data is stored in a Custom Post Type or a theme/plugin options multilingual ready, yes, WPML should be able to translate it.
– You can manually translate your pages and set a different layout.
– In the orders section there is a custom field which allows you to distinguish the language where the order was made.
– Yes, it should be possible.
I have some questions about using multiple domains. Particularly some things mentioned here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/how-to-use-wpml-with-different-domains-per-language/
1. This line “add an SEO bonus to your secondary languages.”. In what way doest this boost SEO?
2. “It does not simply redirect to your primary domain” if it is not a redirect, what exactly is happening here?
My 2 concerns are
3. Paid plugins that are only authorized to run on my main domain.
4. How do I explain this to my ad company. I have an agreement to serve ads on my main domain but not alternative domains pointing to my main domain.
I do not really want to go the subdomain route as my domain name would not make sense in other languages.
Please, let me try to answer your questions in order:
1. According to Google guidelines, having different domains per language is recommended over other URL formats as languages per directory.
2. What that line means is that you are redirect to the right domain, not just automatically to the main one. You can have more information about it here.
Regarding 3 and 4, it is a limitation of using different domains per language and WPML can’t modify this behaviour. When you use this setting, keep in mind that you have only one WordPress site with only one Dashboard. In this way you can have one install with all your plugins and theme. However, if those third parties are restricted and authorized to work with only one domain, WPML can’t override that behaviour.
If that’s the case, you can consider to better use another good URL format as Different languages in directories, in that way you can avoid this limitation.
I hope it helps.
Does blog version works on multisite network?
Yes, if you are running a Multisite Blog, that license should be work in that environment.
Thanks for the reply.
I have two more questions.
1. Once my website has been translated into several languages, can I choose one of the languages as the main page?
I’ll explain. Today, I have an Italian site that I will duplicate and move to a new domain. I will therefore start with the Italian language as the default language, but once translated I would like the English language to be the main home page.
2. I bought several new domains for each language (example: .es (Spain), .fr (France) etc). Can I through the Wpml plugin redirect this domains to the right language version of my original site?
1. WPML allows you to automatically translate your site from language X to Y and then change the main language and make Y the default one.
2. Yes you can but some extra work on your server will be required:
Hi, hope you are doing well.
1) Does the plugin works with custon API endpoints?
2) Do I have complete full control of how the URL looks like?
As an example, we would like the url to look like this:
note the “pt_BR” prefix before the url, that is for portuguese.
note that the category and post url are in english.
3) Does the plugin works with YOAST plugin?
Thanks in advance.
1. Please check this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/
2. WPML follows the WordPress structures for URLs and adds the language prefix and allows you to translate the slug.
pt-br is a custom prefix for Brazilina Portuguese.
Please check this demo:
3. Yes, it does. Plus, we use Yoast ourselves on wpml.org (which is also multiingual)
We are evaluating a new platform for our website and wonder if WPML support selecting posts in a specific language through API?
Something like /wp-json/wp/v2/post?categories=3&language=de (or whatever the syntax might be)? 🙂
please check Alejandro’s reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/rest-api-documentation/#post-10829367
I want to ask about unlimited websites
What do you mean by this? Can I use WPML for different domains?
For example, I provide a website development service and I have 4 websites I work on it, and I want to add multi languages to them with 4 different domains. Can I buy ‘Multilingual Agency’ license for all websites?
1 key = 1 WordPress Installation
If you have 4 WordPress sites you will nee the ‘Multilingual Agency’ because the Multilingual CMS package allows you to register only 3 sites. Yes, with the Multilingual Agency package you can install as many sites as you want (100 sites or more).
Please note that if your sites have a lot of content and you plan to use automatic translations, you might need to buy additional translation credits.
I’m trying to pay with Paypal and they ask for a card when I have balance in $.
You can use a normal credit/debit card instead of PayPal. If you are interested in this option, on the “checkout” page you will see a link entitled “Use a different payment processor” (at the bottom of the page, under the orange button). Please click on it.
I want to create a custom field for member Blog, instead calling it Member Views.
The Charpsy Blig will still be called Blog.
I was told Loco Translate app can change the app text to suit the customisation.
Does WPML work with loco translate installed? Or can WPML customise the member blog text to Member Views?
the Loco Translate plugin is a plugin that translates the strings (texts) from your plugin/theme to another language and is needed if you want to have your site in another language (instead of in 2 languages). WPML is a plugin that allows you to make your site multilingual (2 or more languages). I’m not sure what is your case. If you need your site to be in 2 languages, you don’t need the Loco Translate plugin at all.
But there is one more thing. The rems you use (Member Views etc.) make me think you use a special plugin for these views. What is the name/website of this plugin? I need to check if this plugin is compatible with WPML.
I will purchase the Multilingual Agency and i will get 180,000 translation credits.
I need an static translation which mean all content + plugin + whole website is in English now and i wish to translate to polish.
I have a new domain like .com / .PL etc (.com is English and .pl is English now) with your plugin can i just make the .pl with English same content to polish and stay in polish static fixed with no switcher.
I would also ask if there is any issue on my site while using the automatic translation if my website crash and i have 180k translation credit, will you refund me my 180k credit as it will be for one website as my content is 155k words. (This mean when repair is done on site and
will you allow me to translate again or i will lose all my credits as it won’t be my fault if something happen but i wish to know if you are flexible enough before we start)
thank you for you contacting us.
Translation credits are not refundable, especially if you already used them. We pay for these credits to translation engines (DeepL or Google and these are not free for us). But if you lose credits because of some failures due to our fault, yes, we can refund these credits too. But I’m not sure what a refund would mean in your case.
Please note that you need 2 credits for 1 word (if you use DeepL or Google Translate), so with 180 000 credits you will be able to translate 90 000 words. You can assign as many credits (from those 180 000) as you wish to a specific site.
If you are not sure if the translations work as you expect, you can do the following:
1. When setting up WPML, choose Translate some instead of Translate Everything
2. Assign only some of the credits (10 000)
3. Translate a few pages to see how it works
4. If you like the quality of the translation, switch to Translate Everything
I’m not sure I understand these multiple domains you mentioned.
How many websites do you plan to translate? 1 or 2?
My understanding is:
1. You have one website that is in English now and you want to translate it to Polish. English will be the default language, and Polish the secondary lanaguge. Is this correct?
2. What is the other case?
3. Is there one more site? How many in total?
Please note that you need the Multilingual Agency if you plan to make more than 3 websites multilingual. If you have less than 3 websites, you can start with the CMS package and 90 000 credits. You can upgrade to the Agency version later.
Can I have the link to your site?
Thank you for your reply.
Lets say i have 180000 credit assign to a site by mistake and i use only 20000 credit and i wish it come in my balance to assign to my other site
is it possible as i am a new user and i have done this already and i think its too much.
Thank you and awaits your reply
Yes, you can move the credits which you haven’t used back to your account so that you can then reassign them to another of your sites.
Check here https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-assign-automatic-translation-credits-to-your-sites/